Amiibakes Cookies Review | Lady Tulip

Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Hello, Dolls & Gents,

I am back after what seems like an eternity and I feel awful. 




But I have returned with a scrumptious review. I learned about @amiibakes a few weeks ago when they followed me on Instagram. They specialize in making homemade cookies and pastries; although, at the moment, they are only selling 4 cookie recipes.

Now let’s jump into the review, I will keep this short.




I ordered 5 cookies from all the available flavors. They came packaged in small plastic pouches with their logo and a label which highlighted the ‘ingredients, expiration date and their contact’. These small details gave a lovely vibe to the product, after the fact that it’s homemade. The cookies have a handful of clean ingredients, hence why it is greatly considerate of them to add an expiration date.


These cookies smelled divine even inside the closed packaging. I would compare the sizing of these cookies to a large Chipsmore cookie (I hope I am saying it correctly). Each cookie is priced at 5 MVR per cookie, which is reasonable considering that it is homemade and they are quite large.

1.      Sugar Cookie.
This is the first one I tried. The first bite reminded me of the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie from Subway, minus the nuts. The texture is so airy and super crumbly. I sense that the sugar cookies easily crumble as it nears the expiration date and I had to be very careful with the way I stored it. I personally didn’t find the cookie to be too sweet, although my sweet tooth is bizarre, so don’t take my word on this.

2.      Chocolate Chip Cookies.
As expected, this is a melt in your mouth cookie. The chocolate chip is delightful after you get a bite of the crunchy biscuit. I was also able to catch hints of vanilla in every bite.

3.      Oat Cookies.
Back in the day, I had way too many oat cookies... to the point that I no longer find anything special in an oat cookie. So, I wasn’t that excited when it came to this one. But I was surprised to feel the chewy texture of the cookie. It’s also a very hearty snack. I thought one oat cookie was rather filling to curb a mild hunger, as the cookie is quite dense and packed with oats.

4.      Kanamadhu Cookie.
I was dying to try this flavor. Ever since I had a slice of sea almond cake, the flavor has been very special to me. This cookie, compared to the rest is thinner and has a lovely earthy shade to it. Bits of sea almond peeks through the cookie, and they burst with flavor in your mouth. The thinness of the cookie makes it quite pleasurable to munch on.

Overall, I really recommend that you try out their products. You can reach them via Instagram @amiibakes and place your order directly.


I look forward to stocking my personal cookie jar when I move back to the Maldives. Thank you for reading this review, and I will see you on the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home