H&M Precision Sponge Review | Lady Tulip

Wednesday, June 06, 2018
Hello, Dolls & Gents,

Here is a review of the H&M Precision Sponge. I adore reviewing products like this…products that I don’t see a lot of hype around on social media, but appears to be promising. I have been using this sponge for a month now and here are my thoughts.


When I first saw it on the H&M cosmetic shelves, was when I first learned that they even sold beauty sponges. They have a few choices when it comes to these sponges. I wouldn’t claim that they are attempting to meet the ‘original’ beauty blender standards. But rather, they have created a useful tool which would compliment the rest of their in-store makeup line.

The sponge is small and moderately firm when it’s dry. It doesn’t look so special and it’s just another ordinary sponge. When I run it under lukewarm water, it immediately expands. That is when the ordinary sponge takes on another effect. However, even when the sponge has expanded, it isn’t that large like the beauty blender. But it is a moderate size and it is great if you have an average face size.

The sponge doesn’t seem to suck up too much of any product, and it works just fine at blending liquids and creams seamlessly. What I like about the sponge is that it definitely presses in the product unlike a brush would. Hence the application is super smooth and allows full coverage with about the first layer of the foundation (for powerful foundations).

What I also noticed is that just like many beauty sponges, this one too works amazing even for powder products. I have been using this sponge to set liquid and cream products and also to bake. Sometimes I love powdering my face first before applying liquids, and the reverse application (without cleaning the sponge in between) doesn’t change how the sponge applies products. Therefore, this sponge is pretty dependable.


The tip, of course, distributes the product well into corners and creases. It also helps to get a really even grip on the sponge, which provides easy control.

I also used the sponge dry just to see the performance. It definitely absorbed a lot more product, but somehow still provided a lovely finish by helping to really press the product into the skin. But this way, you can only get a medium coverage from a full coverage foundation.

I love adding highlight to the top of my cheeks using this sponge. It strangely diffuses the product so well that the highlight and skin becomes one. And of course, this sponge is really useful to blend layered products such as blush and bronzer without disturbing the entire layer.

But do keep in mind, that such an affordable sponge requires gentle care and love to serve you for the long run. So being gentle when cleaning the sponge should do the trick. It doesn't take much to completely remove product from this sponge. 

I would recommend this product to anyone searching for a good beauty sponge on a budget. They even offer these in mini sponges. 




Thank you so much for reading this post and I shall see you on the next one. 

4 comments:

  1. I always apply licquid foundation using a similar damped sponge, never tried to do this with a powder foundation.
    Regards,
    Flo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to work out quite well for me at the moment. Hope you like the result if you try it out yourself. :)

      Delete
  2. Learned few tricks about using beauty sponges. 🤗😊 thanks.
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, and you are most welcome. All the best if you try the tricks out. <3

      Delete

newer older Home