Purple Dreamer | Abstract Makeup Video - CLOUD CAMPAIGN 2018

Sunday, April 01, 2018
Hello Dolls & Gents,

My public relations event - 'CLOUD CAMPAIGN' has been conducting a heavy and intense pre-campaign online and offline. The online pre-campaign part consists of a video series with 7 talents. Each talent displays a form of art/expression in about 1-2 minutes. The idea behind these clips is to send out abstract messages in relation to creativity. To read more about the event click here.

Apart from contributing to scriptwriting and directing, I myself was selected as one of the talents. Of course, it won’t be a surprise to many that I chose to represent the makeup artistry/blogger side of me.

I am NOT a professional. In fact, the type of makeup look I opted for was only in relation to the theme of the campaign. In other words, it was the first time that I went to the lengths of creating a makeup look that intense for other people to see.


I feel super nauseous when I see myself applying makeup on camera. My insecurities just attack every single fiber and bone inside of me, and the whole time I could really think was to scrap of my video.  But I chose to ignore all that and step out of my comfort zone, to produce a beautiful 1-minute clip.

Time was limited, I had no idea what type of look I wanted to create. The worst part was the fact that I had classes in between getting ready and shooting. I came up with a super messy festival look, which took me about 5 hours total. In between rushing, I was quite oily by the time my shooting started. And I just didn’t want to cake up my face more than I already had, because we were shooting in 4K.

I was consistently feeling as though I was messing up, or the angles were ridiculous back and forth. But at the end of the day, it somehow worked out. I just wished that the lighting would do  justice to my skin tone a bit closely, but we will call the dark tonal shots aethtics for now.  And as my first ever makeup video, I should remind myself not to be so harsh. Seeing myself on camera doing what I love is a huge step forward in my career as an influencer, and I will not trade this experience for anything. 

Show me some love and support by liking the video and subscribe and follow all my campaign social media handles. It would mean the world to me.

Instagram: @inticloudcampaign
Youtube: Cloud Campaign



No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home