Unwind and Relax With Me | Lady Tulip

Sunday, March 11, 2018
Hello, Dolls & Gents,

Today is all about unwinding and relaxing. I have been so occupied with work to the point that I have become a restless sleeper. I work straight for 10-12 hours a day, and the remaining few hours I am awake, I am either eating or exercising and taking long baths. So for the 5-4 hours of sleep I get, my anxiety overwhelms me and I find myself muttering work related things in my sleep.

This is when I realized that I hadn’t taken time for myself in ages. And this weekend has been all about letting everything go, and simply just pampering myself.

1. Take a plunge.

Let all the anxiety and stress float away with a good dip in the pool. Being away from home I miss the ocean, so the next best thing for me is a pool. Floating on my back, immersing myself in tranquility with my eyes closed is so delightful. You will be amazed to find that you feel lightweight and loosened up afterward. Even though you won’t forget your busy schedule at the back of your mind.


2. Grocery shopping.

I know that some of you will be surprised to know that I could find this unwinding. Shopping for makeup and clothing isn’t my most favorite. In fact, I find it quite stressful. However, grocery shopping is more forgiving and super intimate. You know what you like to eat better than anyone else, and you can seriously take your time foraging through the aisles. This is also a great way to discover new finds, and understand the ingredients in the products you consume. I love the fragrance of herbs, the texture of different vegetables and fruits and the introduction of foreign goods. As much as it is intimate, it is also cultural. I honestly feel like, I am traversing across cities and countries at the back of a trolley.


3. Zone out.

I love taking time for myself on my favorite place…the bed. Zoning out with a soothing instrumental playlist and candlelit is the perfect way to enjoy a good cuppa and some comfort food. I love to oil my body and face mask and just blog or call my husband. The more relaxing the ambiance is, the better I feel. And basically, talking to my husband is my best remedy. Hours can just pass by and I sometimes forget about the workload weighing me down.


4. Reading.

I sense that an activity which requires my full attention is perfect for distracting my mind. Reading is to get lost at sea but to also know that you will always find your way back. Because a new book means uncertainty at every page; however, the more you read the clearer it becomes. And for a brief moment, it’s no longer your world, and you aren’t in control trying to perfect every step of the way… and that is a feeling you can achieve by reaching for a great book.


5. Cloud watching.

The sky is the ultimate representation of infinity after the ocean. A clear sky isn’t much fun compared to one decorated with great fluffiness. I live in a Soho apartment, which means that my best interior deco or canvas is my wall of windows. Through which, I experience the physical changes from day to night and vice versa. Cloud watching is a direct path down memory lane to childhood, but also a freeing experience. Imagining to soar either in the morning or at sunset clears my head.


These are a few things I do in order to unwind and relax. How do you choose to unwind? I’d like to know.

Thank you so much for reading this post and I shall see you on the next one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home