MaryamBayam Headbands Review | Lady Tulip

Sunday, October 14, 2018



Hello, Dolls & Gents,

Earlier this month I had the privilege of meeting the founder of MaryamBayam. Read more about the brand and product concept here. I would describe her as an adventurous, amiable and frank person. She was more than willing to take me into her workplace. The first step inside her space immersed me in elaborate signs of an ambitious designer. On one corner, a clothing rack held a couple of colorful and exquisite Batiks; waiting to be altered. On another, sat her trusty sewing machine and the space that gives life to her products. We sat down with her old and new collection spread on the floor; going through them one by one, while she poured her insights regarding her business. Her sincerity moved me and even inspired me.


She also spread multiple fabrics before me and explained the importance of getting the right supplier (this showed me how much she cares about her brand). Meanwhile, every few meters of fabric she obtains produce about 12 headbands. This is a unique selling point for her brand. After every 12 headbands, the same design of Batik fabric will not be used again. Which means that those 12 headbands are exclusive (each one exhibiting the pattern of the Batik in a different angle).

Maryam was kind enough to provide me with four headbands (based on my choosing). I would like to state that this is not a paid post, and all my opinions are my own. I wore them for 3 days before sitting down to write this review. My aim was to wear-test and get a feel of the quality of the product. In addition, I wanted to pair the headbands with a few outfit options and see how they complement various styles.


Retailed at RM29, they come packaged in see-through plastic, and Maryam personalizes it by placing a thank you and business card. They feel really nice to the touch. The stitching is seamless and well hidden. Meanwhile, the center twist has even and nice folds, and the batik patterns start, end and join in a sensible manner. She also puts her brand label on the inner side and this instantly adds a special touch. I would say that the stitches are firm and you can hand wash them in between wears if necessary. The fabric is definitely high quality and with proper care will last you a lifetime.  


These headbands are super easy to wear. They are stretchy and do not tug on my hair nor does the elastic ruffle up my hijab. Which means that I can wear it with a bunch of hijab styles (not limited to turban styles only). After a while, I even forget that I am wearing a headband. So as you can imagine, they feel very nice against skin, hair, and fabric.



When pairing them with outfits, it naturally came down to the color of the headband. I could easily match the four headbands to multiple outfits (each a different style). I was able to wear it with a variety of formal, dressy, night out and casual street looks. If you want to see me pair the headbands with different looks, keep an eye out on my Instagram @ladytulipblog.



My original fear was that the patterns would clash with the outfit. However, I was able to counteract it by wearing a neutralizing hijab (e.g. wearing a red Batik headband with a cool tone gray hijab). This way the hijab remains more muted and supports the color of the headband. I realized that the Batik pattern does not disrupt the style of the outfit. Surprisingly it adds a very youthful, chic and bold tone to the whole outfit. The headband demands attention, and depending on the color of the band, it can even brighten your face. I noticed this when I wore the yellow headband.



Last but not least, the headbands made me want to try makeup looks that I wouldn’t usually wear out. It validates color on the face and perfectly complements it. The pattern of the headband glams up the look an extra notch. 



Thank you so much for reading this post and I shall see you on the next one.


Follow MaryamBayam On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrymbym_/

No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home